Saturday, January 8, 2011

"I Guess It's an "I Am" Poem"

"I am living, living proof that there is a God, and his love endlessly shines on me.
I am strong, strong in the heart, but with that being said, I guess you could say I’m also, “cold hearted.” I want to say I’m life but it’s hard to say when it feels like you don’t even have one, let alone a future. Coming home with C’s and D’s to look at my parents eyes filled with shame and disappointment piercing my face. My heart, can’t take that look anymore, I mean come on, I’m only human. I feel sometimes like I’m just a mistake you know, all my older siblings are in college or college graduates, all earned scholarships, and all had or have GPA’s of at least a 3.5. My current GPA is a 2.0 which I believe is a low C average. I am stupid, I am a failure, I am the bad and problem child. I am nothing, going nowhere, I’m contemplating whether to change the title of this poem to “Give Up” or not. I mean why not? Why try anymore, I am giving up, I am high but not off the ecstasy, but because I am searching the map for the “X” to succeed, get me? I am struggling I am pushing myself…down the whole leading to the open obis of nowhere! Or..maybe I am trying to everyone feel sorry for me, yeah, maybe it’s all just an excuse not to try. Yeah, maybe. And I do believe a title change is in order, because honestly right now f*ck and “I Am” poem, this is and I WILL poem! I WILL succeed, you’re going to wake up one day and see me on MTV, or BET, because this royal blue liquid oozing from this pointed tip onto this flattened tree, is going to make me, me."

I have many dreams, and I believe Power Seekers is going to help me so much with reaching them, well, I figure why not be completely honest with myself with I want to really reach those goals, this is probably the realist poem I've ever wrote. Please tell me what you think and don't be shy I take criticism very well. I mean how could I ever get any better if I don't know what I'm doing wrong? Well, Mogos Tedla here signing off.

No comments: